Please be advised of a furniture move during the morning hours in the C/D tier on Wed.Mar.21st at which time the C/D service elevator may be temporarily unavailable.
Please use the passenger elevator.
Note to pet owners: You are allowed to use the passenger elevator to transport your pet in its carrier during this time.
We appreciate your patience. Please contact the Receiving room with any questions.
Please be advised the Garden Court has been reserved for a private party on Sat.Mar.24th from 6:30pm – 10:30pm.
The pool and fitness room will remain open during this time.
Please be aware that the electricity to the entire building will be shut down on Monday, March 19th and Monday, March 26th from approximately 9am to 5pm while ComEd and Blackhawk transfer the building electric to the new switchgear.
Please note the following to help prepare and plan for the scheduled shutdowns:
- Since all elevators will be out of service, we strongly encourage residents to make plans to be out of your unit and the building if possible during these shutdowns.
- Please use extreme caution if you plan to use the hallways and stairwells.
- There will be no hot or cold water. Once power is restored, you may need to run your hot water for several minutes before it gets hot.
- It is recommended that all valuable electronic devices are turned off and unplugged to prevent possible damage from a power surge when the power is restored.
- All building heat will be off as well. If you will be home or have pets, you may want to make sure all your radiators are fully open a few hours before the shutdowns. We do not anticipate a dramatic dip in the building temperature, but this may help make your apartment more comfortable.
- You may need to call Comcast once power is restored to reprogram the onscreen guide to your TV.
- You may want to make sure you have flashlights and the necessary food and water you require.
- The building phone system will be down, so make sure your cell phone is fully charged prior to the shutdown.
- Keep your refrigerator and freezer doors closed as much as possible to maintain the cold temperature. More information on food safety can be found online at www.foodsafety.gov
- If you use an oxygen concentrator, you may want to contact your oxygen supplier to make sure you have enough charged batteries.
- We will not be allowing any deliveries, moves, contractors, or realtors into the building.
- The basement corridor by the receiving room will be inaccessible to residents. The back entrance from the alley to the first floor Garden Court area will still be accessible. During these times, residents that have pets must use the back stairs, exit on the 1st floor and then proceed directly through rear areas of the first floor, and across the Garden Court, to or from the rear exit into the alley. The Grace St. and Lake Shore entrances are not to be used for transporting pets. Pets must be in their enclosed carriers. They must be brought back in via the same route. Bikes must be taken in/out the same way as the pets.
Staff is available to help answer any questions you have prior to the shutdowns and will be available to assist residents with any needs they may have during and after the shutdown.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.
House has the responsibility and authority to review and make recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding requests for the approval of proposed remodeling projects. House reviews matters affecting the overall standard of living and lifestyle at 3750, and makes recommendations to the Board concerning the functions and services provided by management and staff as well as the necessary cooperative efforts required of shareholders.
The Communications Committee is dedicated to keeping the shareholders informed about projects, upcoming meetings, issues and general information bout the building and the community. In addition to the website you are currently viewing, the Communications Committee holds period town meetings for the shareholders to discuss what’s going on in the building, publishes a monthly project update and issues periodic news bulletins of interest to the community.