Built in 1926, 3750 Lake Shore Drive embodies the elegance and sophistication of a celebrated era. The 16-story building combines modern amenities with vintage details such as spacious floor plans, high-ceilinged rooms, hard-wood floors, crown moldings and gas-burning fireplaces. Residences have stunning lake and city views. The building has 24-hour door staff and professional on-site management.
Located in Chicago’s Lake View neighborhood only 4 miles north of the loop, 3750 provides easy access to downtown, Lake Michigan and convenient shopping. With 2 elevated train stops and buses that run every 5 to 10 minutes, Lake View is known as the most walkable neighborhood in the city.
Prospective residents can learn more about our community using this site. You can click on Consumers-Guide-to-Buying-a-Co-op to better understand the differences between coop and condo as forms of ownership. View available units in “Residences.”
Shareholders and residents please sign in to access key documents, announcements, newsletters, board meeting minutes and more. If you have not already registered, please complete the Sign in Request Form to register.
The building provides its residents with a warm and comfortable lifestyle. Its people, both residents and staff, make living at 3750 an especially enjoyable and rewarding experience. We are a diverse community in all respects — young and older, families and empty-nesters, representing many different backgrounds, religious affiliations and point of view. Collectively we strive to be responsible stewards of our community, responsive to both the needs of the people and the physical environment.
3750 is a magnificent example of traditional pre-war architecture. Robert De Golyer designed the classic 16-story building with its distinctive red brick and white terra cotta façade. An indoor swimming pool is located in the interior courtyard. Four elevators access the 120 residences above the lobby level. Only two residences open onto each elevator lobby. There are also four service elevators. The light-filled residences provide a warm, welcoming environment. Floor plans include two- and three-bedroom designs ranging in size from 1,600 to 3,200 square feet. Formal dining and spacious living rooms provide large spaces for entertaining.
• Bicycle storage
• Children’s play room
• Door Staff: Two secure entrances, 24/7 doormen who welcome residents and help with packages
• Fitness Center
• Garden Court and Hospitality Room (available for private parties)
• Guest Apartment
• Laundry room with new equipment (laundry units may be added to individual residences)
• Maintenance Staff/Services (24/7)
• On-site Manager
• Package Receiving Room (also facilitates sending packages)
• Pets allowed subject to restrictions
• Storage Rooms
• Swimming Pool with men’s and women’s showers and locker rooms
• Yoga classes (in building)
Recent Capital Improvements
• Tuck pointing and masonry repair of the entire building (completed in 2011; an on-going maintenance project)
• All fire escapes repaired and repainted (completed in 2011; an on-going maintenance project)
• Energy-efficient windows installed (2006)
• Passenger elevators replaced (2010)
• Newly renovated laundry room with new washers and dryers (2012)
Current Capital Improvements
• Refurbishing lobbies at Grace Street and Lake Shore Drive
• State-of-the art fire alarm and notification system
• New fire-rated doors in all stair wells
• Garage concrete repairs